Over the past few years as blogger I have been able to work with some wonderful children’s authors and artists. One of my favourites is Justine Clarke, and I am always delighted to promote her music and concerts. This year I have TWO DOUBLE PASSES to her upcoming Pop Up Tour to give away to SquiggleMum readers. (Thanks Justine!)
Here are five reasons why I’m a fan:
- She’s Australian. Sure, there are wonderful artists overseas as well – but I appreciate the Aussie accent and Aussie content in her work. When my kids sing along, they aren’t singing about zeeeebras or wellies
- She writes great songs! I have heard so many other mums say that if they HAVE to have kids music playing in the car, they would rather it be Justine Clarke than anyone else. I have previously shared some thoughts about her music here and here and here. Oh, and here. Her music isn’t dumbed down for kids. It’s sophisticated musically while still being age appropriate.
- She performs “real” concerts. I enjoy seeing a real artist performing with real musicians, and I think kids do too. Her setup is never OTT, and it doesn’t need to be because the music speaks for itself. A live gig is a new experience for most kids.
- She cares about her little fans. She might walk the red carpet and receive nominations for acting awards, but she is never too busy for her little fans. I’ve seen her stick around for a long time after shows to meet little ones, pose for endless photos, and accept lovingly drawn pictures of The Gumtree Family.
- She’s a mum. Just like us, she juggles her dreams with raising her kids.
Would you and your child like to go to Justine’s Pop Up Tour? Just leave a comment sharing what you like about Justine Clarke! One entry per person please, Aussie residents only, two winners will be drawn at random Sunday 29/7/12 8pm Qld time. Justine will be performing in Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne.
This comp has now closed. Congratulations Ainsley and Glowless!
Hope you and your kids enjoy Justine’s Pop Up Tour.