There are certainly some perks to being a blogger. I receive lots of products to try, get invited to some pretty cool events and even get to meet some amazing people. Lately I have been on the receiving end of some products and services that have helped me to feel good, and look good this winter. And given how much sickness there has been in our little family – I’ve needed it!
I wasn’t paid to write about any of these products, but I did receive most of them free of charge
- Garnier Anti-Dark Circles Roll-On – This under eye caffeinated concealer is my new favourite beauty product. I don’t spend a lot of time on my makeup. My 30-second daily routine is a quick sweep of powder foundation plus lipgloss. My NEW two minute fabulous face consists of the under eye concealer, quick powder foundation, mascara and lipgloss. Done!
- Blackmores multivitamins – Blackmores generously allowed me to try vitamins for the whole family. Kids multivitamins, Women’s Destress, and Men’s Performance Multi. I’ve never really been into taking vitamins, but I’m happily giving them a try!
- Kellogg’s cereal – I never, ever let the kids skip breakfast. We all know it’s the most important meal of the day. Sometimes though I am guilty of having a cup of coffee and calling it “breakfast” even though I know better. After being spoilt by the Kellogg’s team, I’m making an effort to ensure I eat a good breakfast as well as the kids.
- TMH Salons – New hair works wonders for lifting your spirits. My stylist suggested balayage (free hand colouring from the bottom up) which works well for long curls, and requires less maintenance than regular colours. [This was NOT free of charge but I did receive a small discount]
- Westfield Style Session – What a joy to spend an hour with stylist Kim Ring, trying on things I wouldn’t usually give a second glance to. I am normally a real bargain shopper, but I splurged on a fabulous pair of Levi jeans and have been l-i-v-i-n-g in them. I think a style session makes a great gift for any mum. (Drop your man a hint…)
We are always so busy taking care of our kids, but we also need to take care of ourselves. What makes you look and feel good? Any products you rave about? Anything you can’t live without? And on the rare occasion that you spoil yourself, what do you splurge on?