Book Week means two things: firstly the announcement of the CBCA winners, and secondly – costumes! Most schools have a dress-up day or parade to celebrate Book Week, and kids are invited to dress as a favourite book character. Super exciting if you’re a kid… less so if you’re a mum.
If you’ve left it til the last minute, here are some easy ideas you might be able to pull together using items you already have at home:
- Rapunzel – any princessy dress, long wool plaited into your daughter’s hair
- Where’s Wally – red and white striped shirt, black rimmed glasses, beanie
- Angelina Ballerina – tutu skirt, add mouse ears to a headband, draw on whiskers with eyeliner
- The Tin Man – just cover your child in alfoil!
- Paperbag Princess – make a “dress” out of a roll of brown paper, add a homemade crown
- Very Hungry Caterpillar – green clothing, red beanie with large eyes stuck on, cut a big “leaf” out of cardboard
- Pippi Longstocking – pinafore, striped leggings, draw on freckles with eyeliner, plait wire into hair to make the plaits stick up
Do you have any other last-minute suggestions to add to the list?!